Monday, March 30, 2009

organizational - artifact/structure.


In designing my own organization, I am choosing to establish the National Women's Cycling Association (which might already exist). This organization's goal would be to unite all the women cyclists in the nation and bring them together at specific events, such as races, training programs, and conventions. 
In assuming leader, I would establish a supportive communication style within the organization. I would rather help my members out, than yell at them or always tell them they are doing something wrong. Lately, interviewers have consistently asked me what type of leader I am and what qualities I possess. Every time I tell them I do not like to dictate or tell a person exactly how to do something. I like other people to give me their opinions, so I can help them, and the entire group, come up with a plan that works for all of us. In this cycling organization, I would like to help them, support them, and encourage them. 
In designing this organization, there are definitely pros and cons. When employees or members receive support, they are more likely to be motivated to continue working hard and doing well. Encouragement allows them to have self-satisfaction as well. They learn to become confident and self-efficient. This structure of communication may not be good because it may allow members to become over confident. Also, it may give the member a false sense of hope. They might start to think their boss, or the leader, is more of a friend. Therefore, when they do something wrong and have to be disciplined or corrected by the boss, the friendship may be affected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment